Breaking news!!!!!!

Sep 30 2015 Published by under Life, Things that go beep!

About half the US population is below average!!!!!!

That explains a lot really.

• Datahound says:

Here are some other statistics (courtesy of Bo Burnham)

I find numbers to be fascinating and, more specifically than numbers, I find statistics so...enlightening. You know.... thought-provoking even. So, I've gathered some here, and these are all 100% true. When you leave this theatre and enter the world devoid of art, you can check these, and they will come back because they are true. So, I don't want to blow your mind or anything but maybe you'll hear one of these and go, "Whoa, I never thought of that!" You know? So, these are my statistics:

Approximately 33.33% of the Jonas Brothers have diabetes.

One in every four kids with the initials A.D.D. actually has it, and four out of four kids with the initials A.D.H.D. has an annoying, self-righteous mother who wouldn't just shut the fuck up and take her husband's last name.

Here's a fun one. One of every fourty-four U.S. presidents can dunk. It's fucking Millard Filmoore, you racists.

The average child of Sarah Palin has 46.2 chromosomes.

Can't get angry at the numbers, you know what I mean?

Here's a really interesting one. The average person has one fallopian tube.

20% of the Jackson Five...too soon...

The average penis length is 5-and-a-half inches, and finally, the average penis length of a man who Googles "average penis length" is 3-and-a-half inches.

• --bill says:

Well, half the US population is below the median.
    Since lots of data is left censored at zero, most of the US population is below average.

• The average is the mean +/- 1 SD which encompasses 63% of the population.

• iGrrrl says:

"...an annoying, self-righteous mother who wouldn't just shut the fuck up and take her husband's last name."

Did you really just say that, datahound?

• Datahound says:

My comment that I posted was entirely a quote from a young comedian named Bo Burnham. See http://lyrics.wikia.com/wiki/Bo_Burnham:Theoretical_Dick_Jokes/Statistics .

I included the entire statistics routine. Sharing it does not represent endorsement.

• Ummm says:

And did you also really share this one, datahound?

"The average child of Sarah Palin has 46.2 chromosomes."

• dr24hours says:

Datahound was quoting a comedian who is not to everyone's taste. Bo Burnham is deliberately offensive in his act. When interviewed, he makes thoughtful points about giving offense.

Offensive comedy is not for everyone, and this is probably not a good place to share it. But offensive comedy has an important place in society, even when it offends us personally.

• Zuska says:

I'm ok with comedy that offends because it is challenging dearly held views that uphold a status quo of inequality and institutionalized discrimination.

I am One Of Those Humorless Feminazi Bitches when the comedy that offends does so while upholding all that. I just don't laugh when I have to hold an offensive belief to find the joke funny.

That's why Edgy Comics Everywhere shake their heads sadly at my comedy deficit. Edgy comics everywhere, except Amy Schumer, Louis CK, Key and Peele...who offend a lot of people, but never because they ask them to think like the oppressor.